Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Yodobashi bottle cap tripod from Japan

Bottle cap tripod
This is one of the amazing stuffs we found in Golden Market! I suppose you can guess from the picture... YUPPPP it is a bottle cap tripod ! ^__^

Isn't it an amazing invention?!

In fact we didn't realize what it was. We were stopping at one stall selling a Skip-Bo card game, and Javier saw this in a basket with many other stuffs. I noticed it too earlier, but I thought it was a water strainer for kitchen sink or something, so I didn't bother to check, especially since we still have half dome to discover.

By the way, we bought the Skip-Bo card game first, for 50 yen, hehe. They offered it for 150 yen but, of course, I felt a bit guilty if I didn't ask, "Can it be cheaper?", since in Japan we can bargain only in this kind of events. ^^ I like to try to bargain, coz great deals are always good for me (of course), and they are another interesting stories to share with friends. It's not as if I force the seller to give it to me for a super cheap price anyway, coz my first question is always, "Can it be cheaper?" If they say no, then fine, I will decide if it is worthy. :)

We didn't know what this Skip-Bo game is about, but since the maker is the same with UNO, the minimum players can be 2 persons only, the item is unused, and the price is only 50 yen some more! , we had to buy it! ^^ Javier and I enjoy playing simple board games to have fun with friends. We cant wait to try this game. Hopefully it is quite fun. :)

The back of the package with explanations
Back to the tripod, the item itself is quite light and compact, since the materials are mainly rubber and plastic, making it perfect to  carry inside our bags all the time. The explanation says that it can be used with pet bottles, wine bottles, and even toiletry bottles. OMG ... I didn't know this stuff exists! All this time I have been treating my pocket camera so badly ... o.O ...

I tend to take a lot of pictures in every occasion, and there were times when it was just impossible to get someone to take picture for us. Therefore, we tried to find a place to put the camera and then to set the timer. The problem was that we couldn't find decent spot to put my camera on, so few times I put it on the asphalt, bushes o.O, or ... mmm, trash bins. ___ ___ !! well... anything would do for memorable pictures! hehe, but yah, my poor little camera has scratches here and there... :"(

After Javier bought a DSLR camera and a big tripod, we used to bring the big tripod on our trips, so at least the time the camera had to sit on the trash bins were a bit less... =P haha. However, the tripod is too big, and it was quite complicated to attach, detach, attach, detach ... It is definitely not suitable for my style of taking pictures. I don't like the small tripod, by the way. That's why this bottle cap tripod is just perfect for me ! ^___^

Close view of the bottle cap tripod
Exactly after we bought it, we tried to attach it to Evian bottle, since it was the only bottle we had that time. It could work, although it was extremely tight. However, it worked so well with "Japanese" bottle caps. It was tight enough not to allow the camera to move, but it was not difficult to attach and detach it from the bottle. In addition, there was no problem with the balance, even when I tried it on a 1/3-full bottle. I haven't tried it with Javier's DSLR camera, though. I'm wondering if it might work, as well. =P

The tripod attached to a bottle of Pokka C Limone
The tripod allows movements up to 30 degrees angle to all sides
The original price stated was 1980 yen. They also offered it for 150 yen, but then they reduced it to... 50 yen o.O yuhuu! It seems to be an original design from Yodobashi Camera, one of the biggest electronic shops in Japan. I tried to check for it in Yodobashi Camera website, and it is on sale for 500 yen, but only the white color left. Quite a great deal, huh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment