Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Nori chocolate from South Korea ♥

My friend, Kira, went to Korea and she brought some chocolates as souvenir for us (yuhuu... thanks, Kira! ^_____^ ) One of them is this one:

Nori chocolate from South Korea
NORI (seaweed) CHOCOLATE ! ^^

OMG! nori : a bit salty somehow, plus chocolate : sweet! o.O ... How will the taste be ?!?! ^___^ I couldn't miss the chance to try this unique combination, definitely! I'm quite adventurous in trying food and drinks actually, except if they are some kinds of insects, bloody, or slimy, hehe. 

I asked Javier if he wanted to share the chocolate with me, coz.. c'mon, it's chocolate! It cannot be wrong! he loves chocolate so much, anyway! .... but then he said no, hehe. Javier doesn't really like nori. He is also not into onigiri because of this reason. Well, he loves sushi and he can eat nori with sushi, but it is still not his favourite. 

However, if you know me enough, of course I cannot let him live without trying this incredible invention!!! ^_^ So, I managed to catch him off guard and slipped a small piece of nori chocolate to his mouth. ^___^ and... he survived!!! I told you it's not bad at all! ^^ javier, now you can tell people that you have tried nori chocolate! =P hehe. 

In fact, I think the orange flavor in orange chocolate, for example, tastes stronger than the nori flavor in nori chocolate. It might depend on the chocolate brands though. When I just started to munch the chocolate, I couldn't taste the nori. The chocolate was quite sweet enough to cover the immediate taste of the nori.  However, after the chocolate and nori were mixed inside my mouth, I could finally taste the nori, and yes, sweet nori =P haha! It was amazing, surprisingly!

Some korean seaweed I received from my friend

Nori is the common Japanese term for a group of seaweed species. It is rich in protein, dietary fiber, iodine, and iron, not to forget that it is also an important source of vitamins A, B, and K. This makes nori a popular nutrition source for vegans. 

The way to make nori sheets is similar to papermaking. It involves shredding of nori, creating thin layers of it, and drying them on the racks.


I found this video showing how to make home-made nori sheets. Very interesting! I feel like trying it myself, but probably I should practice with pulp first. =P Check it out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment