Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Former Hokkaido Government Office and Odori Park on summer

Akarenga - Former Hokkaido Government Office
Sunday was really a bright sunny day! We planned to go to the beach but then both of us had so many things to do the day before so we couldn't wake up, hehe. It was not so late to go to the beach, in fact, but then Javier proposed to go to the Hokkaido University Botanical Garden and Former Hokkaido Government Office, since he hadn't been there before and those two places are very close to each other. Yuhuu.. Why not? great idea!^^ I have been to the government office before but I didn't go inside. In regards to the Hokudai Botanical Garden, I don't know why I haven't been to this place until today while in fact I can go there for free. OMG. ___ ___ !

So, it was decided! We went to the botanical garden first. We had to cycle around the whole block because Javier decided to turn right at the place we had to turn left... o.O heh. Well, he thought there are more than one entrance, but there is only one. Too bad... 

We reached there, but ... unfortunately I forgot my student card.. =( so I cannot enter for free! I told him it's ok, I will pay, but he decided to just go back another day, because it is not the last time we can visit this place anyway. So, yah.. we didn't visit the botanical garden, haha =P Well, he entered and went out again ___ ___ !

The former Hokkaido Government Office, originally built in 1873, is one of the top tourist destinations in Sapporo city. It was said to be one of the largest buildings in Japan at the time it was built. Visitors can enter the building or enjoy the flower gardens and the ponds in front of the building for free. We will find a conference room, a museum shop, a tourist information office and a number of exhibition rooms and libraries with informations about Hokkaido and related histories.



After that, we moved to Odori Park to have a bit of "snack" under the sun. We went to 7-11 to check on some snacks, and finally we decided to buy... ramen salada =P haha! that's the kind of snack for us! hehe. Well it was a bit too much actually, but dunno why I just wanted to have ramen salada that time. It might be because it was too hot that day (you might notice it from my hair in the picture.. o.O).



Ramen salada is basically a ramen/noodle salad contains noodle, raw vegetables, and sometimes hard boiled egg and/or chicken, served with a dressing. It is served cold, thus very refreshing for summer. We usually buy 2 different kinds of ramen salada because I love the one with eggs, while Javier doesn't like hard-boiled egg (in this case, not so "hard" actually =P).

I love the feeling of sitting on the grass under the sun at Odori Park while watching some youngsters practicing juggling and stuffs, or looking at some people feeding the pigeons flying around the park. :)

The last photo below is not related to Odori Park or Former Hokkaido Government Office, but since it is interesting and gives the feel of summer, I post it here. ^____^ so what is it?


I'm not a plant expert, so I just call these plants "slipper plants" !! ^_^ Javier and I found them outside the building where I had my spanish morning class. The shape really reminds me of slippers... tons of slippers on summer! Don't you think so? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment